Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crumpet 31 Day Challenge Day 16 Color Opposites

Hi
Today is Day 16 and it is opposites. There are a lot of colors to choose from so instead I decided to chose a color I have never worn as a base color. I chose yellow. Yellow is a very bright and lout color and what better way to tone it down then with its opposite purple. As I have mentioned before my purple stash consists of three polishes. With this mani I decided to use my favorite purple.
Pin It
As mentioned before I used China Glaze Happy go lucky as my base coat. To tone it down I used China glaze Creative Fantasy, one if not the most beautiful purple jelly polish I have ever seen ( I loved this so much I already have a backup! With a dotting tool I made purple dots and then applied yellow again. On my ring finger I first painted 3 layers of Creative Fantasy, then applied two rows of stripping tape in opposite directions. I then sponged on Happy go lucky as a gradient.

I have never created a mani like this, so bold and bright. I couldn't help looking at my hands all day, it felt very Sci Fi on my nails.
Enjoy!



7 comments:

  1. I love this! It is super creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute mani! the colors go so well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its funny how they are opposites and go great with one another

      Delete
  3. Even though you're not one to wear such colours all the time, they do look great on your nails and the look you went for came out so fun and vibrant I just had to come and comment on it! Really liked this one! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete