Translate

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Essie & Stamping fall mix

Thanksgiving is over and I hope everyone had a great time with their families. Today I would like to share one of my fall looks that I think is different from the usual glittery shiny looks I usually wear. In my family we don't eat turkey for Thanksgiving dinner, we usually have chicken ribs, rump roast etc, and that ok. Thinking of this I thought " its ok not to be shiny " so I can up with this fall look that in my opinion , isn't so bad.

For this look I used  Essie " wicked" as the base color. This is a dark wine color almost brown.Then for the flowers I stamped using  Essie "orange it's obvious" a nice soft orange, and  Konad special white nail polish. I wanted to go from light to dark as it went down my nail. I used Konad plate M84. As you can see I started with mostly white and as I went through each nail I added a drop of the orange and mixed it with the while as more orange was added the flowers looked like they where changing colors, I love it! . I finished the look with Essie" matte about you" . I recommend one layer of clear top coat such as Seche Vite before going over with the matte ( it will smudge the stamp). 

As you can see it came out pretty nice. The matt made the base coat a completely different color and gave the look a more quiet soft look. I am very pleased with it. I have used matte top coat with one color manicures but not much when I do stamping. Something different is always good to try ;)

My last picture shows my nails before I added the matte top coat and after. Both looks came out great but please comment and let me know which you prefer. Have a great weekend! 
bibi


No comments:

Post a Comment